Every business needs a flow of new orders.
Even if you are too busy right now with enough customers or clients to look after – you still need to think about how you can ‘protect’ your business at any time in the near future.
Many businesses can be doing great during a BOOM then hit hard by the loss of a major client or affected by external factors like the recent GFC (Global Financial Crisis).
So, it’s very important to business survival & growth to have
effective marketing campaigns ready to roll out – when you need them!
Depending on the nature of your business and the industry you operate in, you can attract new customers using a number of marketing media or strategies. You may want to bring in new leads and enquiries using either broad or narrow media marketing. Here’s some examples…
Broad media customer marketing
- Advertising (including Yellow Pages, newspaper, radio and television)
- Unaddressed mailing to business PO Boxes (via Australia Post)
- Flyer delivery to residential addresses
- Building signage
- Shop location
- Fax marketing to a big list (all types of businesses and industries)
- Internet (broad audience)
- and so on…
Narrow / Ideal target customer marketing
- Advertising (Trade magazines)
- Direct mail
- Specialised industry seminars
- Education based marketing
- Trade shows
- Internet (targeted audience)
- Direct contact by sales people or account managers
- Strategic alliances with another business who already has your ideal customer (not your competitor)
- Fax marketing to a small list of chosen businesses
- and so on…
Which of the above are working well for you? If they’re not effective then there are usually two reasons (1) The wrong media for your target market, or (2) The advertisement, marketing promotion or strategy needs an overhaul to make it work better for you.