The big trend now is a shift away from traditional PRINT media like magazines and newspapers to the internet. People like to search and find information online these days, especially for a product or a service.
A business website should bring in leads and assist to close sales to customers! Otherwise, it’s a waste of your hard earned money!
Most businesses these days have an internet presence (ie. website). The CHALLENGE is to find out if YOUR website working for YOU? Will it generate leads and customers for you as effectively as traditional advertising?
To answer these questions, you will need to TRACK enquires – no different to what you should have been doing with traditional advertising.
Okay, let’s work it out… Leads will come from your web-site in a number of ways:
1) Someone calls your business. To find out how many calls you get a week from your website, you can:
- Use a separate phone number and note how many calls to that line (using a PABX, or a tally sheet), or
- You can pay for a special VOIP service that records the number of calls, or
- Train your staff to ask that important question "How did you find about us?"
2) Someone fills in your ‘Contact Us’ form (this is better than listing your email address on your website). Then record how many form enquiries you get each month.
3) Someone takes some other online action, like makes an online purchase, or enters their details to download a catalogue, etc. However, if someone subscribes to your e-newsletter – typically that is not a warm lead (as you usually only have their first name and email address only at this stage).
NEXT. Okay, you’ve got some tracking in place now – but then you discover that you are not getting as many enquires as you should… so we need to take the next step and IDENTIFY what’s happening on your website.
I’ll reveal exactly how you do this in my next post… as they say… "Stay tuned…"